What is brokerstock?
Brokerstock is an alternative to standard Brokerage and Cash purchase. In a nutshell, we agree a guide price net return to you on listing the boat with us. We treat this guide price as a purchase price, as if we had bought the boat from you. We then advertise the boat as a stock boat and not a brokerage boat. When we advertise a boat as a stock boat, we can include lots of desirable extras for the buyer that we cannot offer them on brokerage. We can offer them:
- Part exchange against your boat
- Warranty on hull, engines and drives
- Full access to all our finance options
- Payment terms
The boat is then advertised online as normal (but with stock status). As 70% of bigger boat buyers have a part exchange, the chances (and speed) of your boat being sold increase by 70%! When we get a buyer (with or without a part exchange)- we then firm up the guide price to a fixed net return. You can of course decide at this point to refuse or accept the net return. If you accept we will confirm the offer and payment terms to you in writing and we proceed to completion. Easy.
How much do I get?
Typically on brokerstock you will net about 70-80% of the boats retail value, but for certain models at a certain type of the year you could end up with up to 90% of the boats value. You will be given a guide price when we accept your boat for brokerstock.
What do I have to do?
- Give us a call at the office
- Fill in the form below and wait for our reply
And then we will:
- We will contact you with an approximate valuation of the retail price of your boat and then we will issue you with a guide price net return to you.
- If you want to accept- we will then ask you to scan us copies of your title documents (Builders certificate, VAT invoice, Bills of Sale, Registration document and details of any loans on her)
- We will then email you an agreement for us to both to E-Sign. We will also discuss whether the boat will move to one of our offices to be sold or if the boat will stay with you. Our minimum Brokerstock contract is 3 months.
- When we find a buyer- we will then firm up the guide price to a fixed net return with payment terms. If you accept this figure we will complete the deal and pay you out.
- You can then cancel your finance, insurance, berthing, cleaning, servicing etc.